There is nothing like the power of music.
It affects our brains, bodies, and general well-being. Listening to music and singing along makes people happier, healthier, and more productive especially during our ‘encore’ stage in life.
Music is so powerful that we could use it to impact our emotions.This Christmas season, let us try and sing Christmas carol along with others, not just because it's Christmas but also because of the health benefits. Click To Tweet
Some of the benefits of the power of music to our general well-being are:
- No matter the age, music remains an escape from our adult brains back to our childhood.
- Studies have shown that listening to music enhances our mood.
- Listening to music while exercising motivates us to get more physical activities. It also promotes overall mental and physical health.
- Repetitive elements of rhythm and melody help our brains to form patterns that enhance memory.
- Research has shown that blood flows into the heart when one is listening to music, which helps to reduce blood pressure.
- Some retirees often find it difficult to sleep due to health issues or some other factors. One of the ways to solve this problem is to listen to relaxing classical music.
- Nobody likes to be in pain but sometimes this is inevitable due to a lot of factors. Listening to music even if it is for one hour a day will help reduce the pain.
As we are now in the festive Christmas season, let us try and sing Christmas carol along with our family, friends, local church, and our community. We should not see it as purely because of Christmas but also consider the health benefits that singing will add to our general well-being.