Our feet have many bones, joints, ligaments, tendons and muscles. So, every time we walk, jog or pound our feet on the ground we indirectly put pressure on them. Yet a lot of us do not take care of our feet. Going for a pedicure is different from taking care of our feet.Going for a pedicure is different from taking care of our feet. Start caring for your feet now. Click To Tweet
As we grow older our feet start to rebel as a result of usage and lack of care, and we may then start experiencing some foot problems such as corns, ingrowing toenails, various infections, arthritic toe and sometimes foot deformities. Some medical problems such as diabetes can also cause foot problems.Walking is a very good exercise for maintaining healthy legs and feet. Have you walked today? Click To Tweet
Here are some tips on how to keep your feet which are the symbol of your walking healthy.
- Always keep your feet clean by washing them with soap and preferably warm water. Dry your feet and in between the toes to prevent athlete’s foot.
- The health of your feet depends on the shoes, sandals and slippers that you wear. Wearing shoes that are too small or too big can cause blisters and other foot problems. We should try and have our feet measured so that we can know our exact shoe size.
- If we really listen to our body we will notice that the parts of our body where we first feel pain are our feet. Our feet are the first place to show the symptoms of some kinds of illness such as diabetes and arthritis. So, please if you are feeling any pain in the lower leg or on your feet try and see a doctor or a podiatrist.
- Always stretch or exercise your legs. Walking is a very good exercise for maintaining healthy legs and feet especially when your job or business requires sitting down for a long time. While sitting down, you can also prop up your feet on a stool or on a chair. All these will help the blood circulation in your legs and feet.
- After washing and drying your legs, it is very important for you to moisturize your feet the way you moisturize your face after washing your face. This is very important for people with dry skin.
- Make sure you cut your toenails regularly especially because long toenails are more likely to break and scratch your skin which might become a big sore.
Taking very good care of our feet is very important to our general well-being as we go on our aging journey.