Take a look at the portrait of an older woman who feels ignored by people around her and somewhat invisible.
Everything in the body changes as you get old — the breasts sag, sexy curves redistribute, the tight skin loses its elasticity and health deteriorates. With all these changes, sometimes depression comes in because nobody is ever really prepared for all these changes in their bodies.
Accompanying the changes in our body and general well-being, our gait becomes slower with no spring in our steps, frown lines and wrinkles show up on the face. We stop dressing up like we used to do.
Eventually, we get to a point where we feel like we are being ignored by people around us. But the truth is, we brought this on ourselves. It is the reward for the changes in our behaviour along the line.If you are feeling invisible and ignored by people around you, you can change this by waking up in the morning and looking into the mirror with a smile on your face. Start saying good things about your lovely body. Click To Tweet
We have changed from being the interesting person into somebody who at any slightest opportunity is ready to moan and tell people about our health, our medications and how life is not being fair to us. Nobody has the time to listen to your medical history. And who says life will be fair to anybody?
If you are feeling invisible and ignored by people around you, you can change this by:
- Waking up in the morning and looking into the mirror with a smile on your face. Start saying good things about your lovely body. For example you can say that, “I look pretty this morning, my hair is nicely done, My bones are strong, I am growing gracefully” and just continue to say good things about yourself.
- Practise sitting and standing tall.Good posture will make you look 10 years younger.
- Be informed, read books and listen to what is going on around you and in theworld. This will put you in a position to speak confidently anywhere, like someone that knows what’s going on in the world.
- Set aside some time specifically for mental activity such as number puzzles and crossword, even if it is for 10 minutes a day.
- Set aside a day in a month or week to pamper yourself.
With time and practice this behaviour could make you look younger and be a more positive and pleasant person.