If you are a tea lover like me and you like cooking with a lot of spices, it might be beneficial to start your own garden where you will plant your preferred herbs and spices.
Fresh herbal leaves such as mint, rosemary and basil from your garden will take your tea drinking to another level. And a sprinkle of fresh spice on your meal can make a lot of difference to the taste. The smell of rosemary is heavenly when you cook with it.Did you know that you can grow your own tea and spices? These simple tips can help. Click To Tweet
Having a garden full of spices and herbs is not that difficult. If you don’t have enough space to create a garden you can plant them in pots and containers which you can put on your kitchen windowsill or on your balcony if you have one. I know a lady who uses buckets to plant her veggies.
Here are some tips to help you start growing your own herbs using a pot or a container.
- The first step to take is to find a space where you can put the pot or container with at least a few hours of sunlight everyday.
- Decide which herb or spice you want to plant, so that you can buy the seeds or seedlings. You have to be very careful when you are buying the seeds so that you will not buy expired seeds. Read everything on the pack and make sure that it is what you want.
- You will need to get a few gardening tools such as pots or containers, a pair of gardening gloves, a small shovel and manure to add to your soil.
- Make sure you drill some holes under the pot, container or buckets for excess water to drain out of your plant.
- Fill the pot or container to about halfway full of soil and put your seeds or seedling in it.
- Water the base of the plant when the soil looks dry at least once a week and pull the weeds that appear around your plant.
Making a decision to always eat good and healthy food and drink healthy herbal teas is not enough. We must also be mindful of where we got them from and who grew them.